Monday, May 16, 2022

Five by Five #3

I know this sounds fake, but I didn't really intend for the theme here to B ("be") a thing until I got to the down entries and said "hey wait a minute." Thank you to Kate Chin Park for playtesting this and assuring me this was not pointlessly forced. (Kelsey helped too but I refuse to thank her for anything.)

P.S.: I think this is a good time to remind anyone reading this blog casually that I have an e-mail address and am always down to chat with people who have considered making crosswords but have no idea where to start, or people who have made crosswords but worry they're not very good at it and want guidance on how to suck less. And I'm really, *really* down to chat with those of you who are going, "gee, I really vibed with this puzzle, Quiara, but I've never really thought of myself as the kind of person who makes crosswords," because I'll level with you: this blog is very much pitched towards other constructors, so if you're gelling with it, you probably do have "constructor brain" (which is definitely a thing) and would probably be decent at puzzlemaking. Or you just really dig Migos, which is a trait more crossword constructors should have anyway. Either way - I don't bite!

5 comments: